Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Plumbing and Piping
Reload this Page >

installing a utility sink - water from hose bibs, drain to laundry discharge

Old 10-16-12, 08:33 PM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I purchased a used free standing utility sink - no faucet or drain. I want to install in next to my washer.

My laundry room has a double set of hose bibs. One set is used for the washer hookup. The other was presumably used/to be used for utility sink. There is also a tube (three feet high) where my washer hose drains.

I have seen "This Old House" install video, but they were plumbing directly to/from source/drain.

What do I need to purchase to hook this up properly? Links for parts and "how to" would be helpful.

Can I use a PVC tailpiece, p-trap and hose, raise it up above the height of the sink and drain into the laundry discharge stack (my washer hose discharges into this stack)?

Can I short lengths of hose or do they sell hoses that I can use as connections from hose bibs to faucet (redundant I know, but it's a matter of convenience)?

Old 10-16-12, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Hi,

Most likely you will need to drain the washer into the sink. Then reconfigure the plumbing to connect the sink drain to where the washer standpipe was.

You would need an adapter if you want to run the hoses to the sinl faucet.

Possibly take some pics and we can guide you better.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: