[Bathroom Noise From Upstairs Neighbor] Please help!!!

Old 12-06-12, 07:04 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
[Bathroom Noise From Upstairs Neighbor] Please help!!!

We live in a downstairs condo and about 6 months ago a new tenant moved upstairs. She is horrible. She stomps, bangs, slams doors, screams, has 15 people in a 1 bedroom appt, kids running around, bouncing balls.. you name it. But the most ANNOYING thing that happens now is every time she flushes or uses her bathroom sink (not sure which one) it sounds like a lould banging for 5 minutes that bang on the wall... I never heard something like this.

I asked her landlord to come out & fix it since it is constantly waking us up, and our 6 month old son is desperate for sleep (She does this in the middle of the night) 3 am - 5 am DAILY. She purposely does it. She is just the wicked witch from the west.

Anyway, so her landlord refused to fix it so I ended up calling the housing inspector per the association. Well, he came out 3 times, most recently was today and NOTHING. He flushed the toilet several times, he used the sink and the tub, and all 3 visits, it doesnt make a PEEP.... 10 minutes after he leaves? She uses the bathroom and it bangs for 10 minutes!! What could this be and what do I tell the inspector so he can find it and make her landlord fix it. She makes our life HELL.. and we can't move until April Thanks so much

Last edited by ray2047; 12-06-12 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Add Meaningful Title
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-12, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 851 Votes on 797 Posts
Are you sure she isn't squishing grapes in the bathtub

It sounds like pipes that aren't fastened correctly in the walls......but it shouldn't be coming and going.

Very strange problem.

Old 12-06-12, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
Sounds like a loose washer in one of the faucets, Makes a rattling sound if you turn the faucet on just right...

Thats what I would think.

Old washer and stem type faucets???

Old 12-06-12, 10:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 851 Votes on 797 Posts
Yeah......good thinking lawrosa. I've heard that before.

Old 12-07-12, 05:21 AM
A
it's a very loud banging. and it goes on for 10-20 minutes. Why doesn't it happen when the inspector comes? How come it only happens when SHE uses the bathroom??? Could she be manipulating something to cause it?

Is there anything I can do downstairs to fix the problem?

Old 12-07-12, 05:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 229 Votes on 204 Posts
Could you record the noises so the inspector can hear what you hear?

Old 12-07-12, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
Why doesn't it happen when the inspector comes? How come it only happens when SHE uses the bathroom??? Could she be manipulating something to cause it?

The inspecter may just be turning the faucets on and off quickly. She may be turning the water on a faucet very slowly to get the washer to start fluttering. And leave it on like that to piss everyone off.

That is if that is the issue.

it's a very loud banging
Yes loud rapid banging right?

Old 12-07-12, 05:56 AM
A
No it's really not rapid... It's a loud slow bang. But very loud and hard

Old 12-07-12, 05:59 AM
A
I do have it recorded, but he said he has to hear it for himself or he can't make her fix it.... He's kind of a jerk.... But she has made our lives so miserable, we have to move.

So if I can figure out exactly what it is and tell him to come back and do it then if it makes the noise he can make them fix it........ It's just funny that when they come and flush and turn on the sink and turn it off it doesnt make a noise, but she knows exactly what to do to make it happen.