Need advice gas hookup kitchen range

Old 12-08-12, 04:46 PM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Need advice gas hookup kitchen range

Just got a new kitchen gas range. The problem that I am facing is clearance behind the range and the wall.

Electric:
The outlet happens to be at a not ideal spot for the new stove. Further, the plug is somewhat thick. It seem that I could solve this with buying a recessed receptacle?

Gas:
There is a 16" high recessed space behind the range (at the bottom). My old stove had a higher recessed space. As a result, the gas hookup doesn't clear anymore. I would need a 90 degree adapter before going to the flex hose. What is the best approach to connect a 90 degree adapter? What can I get? For example are there 1/2" fitting that go in between the flex hose and the assembly?
Conceptually, something like this?
http://images.chassisshop.com/CACHEE...08/921108_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-12, 11:38 AM
Group Moderator
Received 824 Votes on 774 Posts
Where does the gas pipe come from when it enters behind the range ? Thru the floor ?

You should be able to buy flex lines with right angles fittings as part of the package.

Probably just like your pic.

Old 12-10-12, 03:39 PM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I will post soon a picture.

The cast iron pipe comes out of the wall, roughly 8" from the floor and is angled upwards. Followed by the shutoff valve. The whole assembly, with the bent flex pipe bent to the max, is about 16". Just slightly more than the space in the back of the range.