Low Pressure in bathroom Sink Only in mobile home

Old 01-29-13, 06:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 1 Post
Question Low Pressure in bathroom Sink Only in mobile home

I turned on the water late last night, heard a pop and now the bathroom sink has almost no water pressure, all of the other faucets seem to be fine in the house, including the shower in the same bathroom.

I am unfamiliar with the workings under Mobile Home sinks, as there are two valves under the bathroom sink that pull up and down from the floor of the cabinet, and turn the water on and off. Both of them have the water turned on as high as possible but I think there is something amiss as what appears to be the base of the things is pulled up from the cabinet floor.

Help?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-13, 03:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 291 Votes on 259 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the pipe/valve pulling up from the floor - that's fairly normal for MHs

Have you lost water on both cold and hot? or one side only? I'd start by turning off the shut off valves and disconnecting the supply line to the faucet. Have a bucket handy and crack open the valve to see if water comes out. I like to connect and old supply line to the shut off so I can direct all the water into the bucket. That will let you know if the obstruction is in the line or the faucet. If it's in the faucet, it will need to be removed and back flushed or possibly replaced.

Old 01-30-13, 04:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Don't forget to clean the faucet strainer as you go. Quite often crud will land there and cause low flow problems.

Old 01-30-13, 04:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Strange how we tend to over look the simple stuff and go directly to something more complex

Old 01-30-13, 11:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, the shower works fine, the cold seems fine, all the other faucets/tubs are fine. It is just the one bathroom sink, and since I am not at all familiar with the valve types underneath, I am trying to figure out if the valve is bad or what.

I shut off the hot water valve itself, but it is still weeping a bit from underneath the base(?) that pulled up from the cabinet floor. Turning it back on did not affect the pressure either way from the actual faucet.

Oh and the aerator has been replaced along with the screen.

Old 01-30-13, 11:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
So it's leaking at the valve? Is the leak before or after the valve? or the turn off knob?
Maybe a pic of the valve will clarify things.

Old 02-03-13, 10:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
MarkSr,

Here are the two pics we FINALLY managed to get...

The valve thingy is leaking where the hose attaches, so it will have to be replaced I am pretty sure. But the other thing is that, as you can see from the one picture that shows both valve thingies, the one that is leaking (the hot) is not where it should be, sort of sucked down onto the cabinet floor.

I heard a 'Pop' sound and then the water pressure went way down.

Ideas? Besides replacing the hose/valve?

Many Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 02-03-13, 10:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Simplest fix would be to turn off water, cut the cpvc just below the valve and replace them with either glue on or sharkbite 1/4 turn stop valves, as well as braided supply lines. How do these valves turn off...by pushing on the valve head or turning the head?? Can't tell. If pushing, then the shorter one is off.

Old 02-03-13, 11:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Larry,

The shorter one is actually 'On' so I would guess they just turn off. My sister is the one doing the work, as I am unable to get down under the cabinet due to my spinal issues.

I will look into replace the top portion. and supply line.