Moving pool equipment and have pool line questions

Old 03-20-13, 11:06 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Moving pool equipment and have pool line questions

here's the scenario:

have an inground pool here in Phoenix that I'm wanting to move my pool equip pump and filter from current location to along the side of the house approx 95' away. Older pool that was plumbed with 1.5 for suction and return but after recent remodel couple years back, they connect to 2" approx 3' off the pool. I procurred most of my PVC supplies sometime back and at that time it was recommended that because of the distance, I should up the pvc to 2.5" from that 2" 3' off the pool. I hope that wasn't a miskate as I spent a good amount of money on the pvc and connectors and such. I intend on minimizing the turns in the pvc as much as possible and will have a grandual sweep to make the turn to around the house. Questions are this.. how deep should I drop the pvc in the ground and are there any implications of having them too deep with water flow? For reference, the area is almost completely level. Next question is will the 2.5" pvc be too big or? I have a varible pool pump so I know there is ability to turn it up some if more HP is needed for suction/flow.

thanks for the help!
Ken

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-13, 12:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 835 Votes on 782 Posts
In my opinion based on the length of the run...... 2-1/2" is not too big.
The depth of the plumbing should have little effect on the water flow.

The reason for burying the pipe is so that it doesn't freeze and it's protected. I don't imagine you have very great freeze concerns there.

Here in NJ.....I charge all my underground lines with air to well below the frost level.