Need help on fixing drainage pipe problem

Old 03-23-13, 02:04 PM
Need help on fixing drainage pipe problem

Hi –
I have a broken concrete drainage pipe I would like to fix so I can fill in the hole. Was like this when we bought the property a few months ago. Pipe drains mostly from the next door neighbor under one of our drive ways (see first photo).

The concrete pipe is 12” ID. The two pipes are pretty much in line (maybe 2-3” offset in 56” .

I was thinking about using Hancor corrugated pipe and slipping inside each end of the concrete pipes. Not sure of dimensions so don’t know if this would work. I would then backfill the hole and plant grass.

Any help/ideas on this plan would be greatly appreciated!!

Pete
Sanford, NC

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-13, 03:08 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 206
Welcome to the forums.

Are those two pipes the same size ? Can't tell from picture.

I would think you'd want to put the corrugated plastic pipe over the existing pipe to keep from reducing its inside diameter.

If you intend to back fill the hole.....how will you keep the corrugated pipe from collapsing ?

Old 03-24-13, 01:38 PM
Anyone have any ideas?
Really need to get this done. Would appreciate any suggestions...
Pete

Old 03-24-13, 02:26 PM
How long is the break?

Do you have any suppliers of cement pipe near you? A 12 " pipe is about 100 lbs. I think they come in 8 foot sections. I wonder if you can get a shorter piece.

I guess you could use plastic, as it seems its on a bank and not exposed to traffic. A 12 inch pipe concrete should be about 16 inch O.D. So you'd need a plastic pipe with a 16+ inside diameter. Slip it over and seal the joints.

You don't have the pieces that were broken? Maybe cement them back together and cover it with a big blob of concrete?? ( Bricks to fill in any missing pieces.)