Low water pressure

Old 03-24-13, 01:51 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Low water pressure

I am having problems with the water pressure at my house. The city replace the pipe section from the main water pipe to the water meter and after they did that the pressure improved slightly but I am guessing that I may need to replace the section from the water meter to the entrance point in my house. I take a 5 gallon pail and it takes 1 minute 12 seconds to fill it to the top with the faucet opened to the max and while no one else is using any water in the house. I live in Pembroke Pines FL but wanted to take a survey as to what is the average time it takes folks to fill a 5 Gal pail to the top. Thanks to you all in advanced.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-13, 02:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Have you checked your incoming pressure at an outside faucet, yet? It should be around 60 psi in a municipal setting. Pressure gauges are available at box stores and you just screw them on the faucet and turn on the water to read the pressure.
14.4 seconds per gallon of water is pretty good, but that's volume. Pressure is different, so you'll need to test for that.