Washer drains to shower leaving stains

Old 03-28-13, 12:59 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Washer drains to shower leaving stains

Hello, hopefully I am posting this in the right section. In our house, our washer machine backs up to a guest shower downstairs and when the washer drains it backs up into the shower floor and comes through the drain causing staining on the shower floor. I have disconnected the pipes under the house and there is not a clog or anything like that, is there a way I can redirect the drainage or anything I can do to keep the water from backing up into the shower floor and causing stains? We don't use the shower because its disgusting and we have to clean it all the time and its still causing staining. Thanks for any tips, tricks, or advice. I'm going to try and attach a couple of pictures so you can see what I mean...

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-13, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
Hi....

I would say there is a blockage somewhere. But it could be how its piped also. We would need to see how its all connected in the crawlspace or basement. Pics, diagram....?

Old 04-04-13, 03:10 PM
S
Is it actually water, or is it primarily soap suds that are backing up into the shower?

Old 08-01-13, 07:13 AM
D
Its more soap suds and a little water, but is definitely discoloring my shower floor as seen in the first picture. I have also included a picture of the pipes as requested by lawrosa.. Sorry the claritys not great, the picture was taken on my phone.

Attached Images