plumbing >Sewage Gas Odor In Bathroom<

Old 05-08-13, 05:29 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question plumbing >Sewage Gas Odor In Bathroom<

Hello; I have the same problem in the bathrooms; the smell is intolerable, it seems the smell is coming back through the drain.
I believe the drain is clogged up, will verify and let you know

have a good one

Douglas

Here is the link to my same issue...

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pl...-bathroom.html

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-13, 04:15 AM
N
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The first question I would have is; How often is this bathroom used?
If plumbed correctly, there should be a pee trap which contains water and would hold back the sewage gases. If the bathroom (tub, sink, etc) is not used for a length of time, the water in the pee trap can evaporate and let the gases through. (I try to use the shower in the guest rooms of our house once a week or two for this reason.)

Have you been able to islolate it to which drain (sink, tub/shower, etc) the smell is coming from?

Old 01-16-14, 01:21 PM
R
Sewer smell in master bathroom

I'm new to this site and don't even know if I'm posting this in the right area. I'm having a problem of sewer gas smell emitting from somewhere in our master bath. The bathroom consists of a toilet, sink, and jacuzzi with shower. We just moved in here in Nov. of 2013. The house is a 2008 build, one level with slab electric boiler heat. We live in Minnesota so the slab heat has been working steadily. After living here for about a week or 2, I noticed a slight smell of sewer gas one day. It went away but the next morning I woke up to the smell again and this time it was quite overpowering to the point that it burned the back of my throat from breathing it in. Being that it's a one level house, the main culprit in my mind was the jacuzzi seeing that the trap is probably in the heated slab area drying up the trap water. The jacuzzi gets used though and the shower is used everyday so there should be water in the trap at all times. The smell seems to be the strongest after the Jacuzzi has been used. I've cleaned out the vent pipe on the roof. It had a bunch of snow stuck in it and I cleaned it out. We put the plug in the jaccuzi after it is drained and we can still smell sewer gas. Before I call someone to fix it, any suggestions for me to try figure it out?

Old 01-16-14, 07:55 PM
G
You might want to check that your toilet is seated properly, and that the wax ring is intact.

I had sewer gas leaking into the bathroom of a house I bought a few years ago. I lifted the toilet and found the flange and wax ring were in poor shape. I fixed them, reset the toilet and the smell was gone.