outside water leak

Old 05-14-13, 02:10 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outside water leak

Water is leaking from what appears to be an underground pipe onto the driveway. There is wet ground around the area of the leak. Normally, I would think this is a sprinkler leak but it isn't close to a head and there is no wet grass around the head. I want to know if this a a problem to be solved by a plumber or a sprinkler person.

Old 05-14-13, 02:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You'll need to determine if it is from the sprinkler or not. Turn off the water to the sprinkler system totally and dig around the area in question. Hopefully it is a broken pipe in that system. Most of the pipes in your house plumbing will be a single line from your house meter directly to your basement/crawlspace where it enters the building for domestic use. Locate the meter and the entrance and draw a straight line. If it isn't in that line, then it is possibly the sprinkler.

Old 05-15-13, 09:05 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We don't have a basement or crawlspace Where else would I look?

Old 05-15-13, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
It could be the water main coming into the home. I would call the water company hand have them turn off the water to the street. If the bubbling stops then thats what it is. You will then need a plumber.

To know if its sprinkler just turn off the main water shut off in the home or the sprinkler shut off. If the water stops you will know its the sprinkler...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: