Basement Rough In Help

Old 06-05-13, 07:13 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Rough In Help

Hey everybody. I am new to the DIY site. I am finishing my basement and would appreciate some feedback to make sure I am correct. Originally I planned on installing a shower and a toilet to what has already been roughed-in. We are not the original homeowners, and do not have the blueprints to know exactly what this has been prepared for. Can anybody help me understand what these pipes were intended for? Can they be altered? I would really like to have a shower in the far right corner, and the toilet on the right. Here is the picture:

Name:  basement rough in.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  9.3 KB

My assumption is that the far right pipe is for a vanity sink (can it be used for a shower?) and the pipes on the right are for the toilet and the vent. An ejector was also prepared... if that helps.

Name:  Basement Ejector.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  12.5 KB

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-13, 08:38 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I would say that the 3" pipe is for the toilet & the one on the far right is for the shower. The bottom pic is the ejector.

Old 06-05-13, 09:41 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 85 Votes on 80 Posts
Measure the pipe on the right. If it's a 2" pipe, it's for a shower. If it's 1.5", it's too small for a shower.

The one to the far left is probably the vent for the toilet and the drain for the sink.

The ejector will need it's own vent to the roof, not sure if there may be a capped off vent pipe somewhere above it.

Old 06-05-13, 10:33 AM
M
Thanks Zorfdt. I will measure the pipes this evening. So, I use the pipe on the far left to vent and as a drain for a sink?