Questions about possible water damage and what I can do to fix

Old 06-09-13, 01:53 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Questions about possible water damage and what I can do to fix

Our back water spigot would not shut off, it finally became a steady dribble. I used the home warranty to get it replaced. The plumber came while I was at work this past Wednesday and my wife was home. Fast forward to Saturday, I'm outside and hear running water. I go under the house to find a jet of water spraying the underside of the floor, soaking the ceiling, wall and floor. The plumbing had failed somehow (don't know how). They are to come back Tuesday to fix the spigot, but as you can see in this one picture, the underside of my house is soaked, the beams and the insulation. Also, the block on the other side of the wall is wet from the water seeping through.

Besides possibly running-up my water bill, should I try to get an expert out to see about drying the water up, or am I making too big of a deal? The water is now off and there shouldn't be anymore, but I am worried about mold, etc.

The plumber is bonded and insured.

Here are pics:

The failed spigot:
http://i.imgur.com/AoMkpTm.jpg

The wet wood and insulation under house:
http://i.imgur.com/37aPosW.jpg

Thanks for any insight

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-13, 03:03 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That insulation is trash and needs to be pulled out ASAP so the wood can dry out.

Old 06-09-13, 03:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
You should call your insurance company and a company like ServePro or Servicemaster. They can have it under control and you won't have future problems. It is your responsibility to mitigate the losses, so call the Service people asap.