low hot water pressure

Old 02-12-01, 05:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am having a problem with my hot water pressure. I had the water company come check my meter. They informed me I had 95lbs. of pressure. ??????? I have no clue if that is good or not. However, they did change my meter because it was old. I still have little water pressure but only on the hot water. It seems to be a problem throughout the house. Can anyone help me. By the way I don't mean to strike out against women's lib, but I'm a girl I know nothing about home repair. So speak slowly. Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-01, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First, since the 'low' pressure seems to be only in your hot water side of the system, and seems to be affecting it all, the problem is around the water heater. Above the heater, you will probably have a shut-off valve. Make sure it is fully open. If that isn't the problem, turn that valve off and remove the two water lines attached to the top of the water heater. If one (or both) are clogged, or if one (or both) of the nipples in the top of the heater itself are clogged, replace them. If none of those pipes appear to be cloogged, then the shut-off valve itself may be the problem. Repost, and one of us can tell you how to replace that.

95# of water pressure is TOO HIGH. You should have a PRV installed to reduce that to something around 60#