Help: Can't find gas-dryer shut-off valve Need help fast!

Old 06-30-13, 11:07 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help: Can't find gas-dryer shut-off valve Need help fast!

I need to move my gas-dryer to have flooring replaced. Have helped move it before but had someone who handled the valve.

Most articles say that the shut-off valve is within 6 ft of the back of the appliance. I see the brass pipe connected to the dryer and then connected to a pipe that goes through the floor. I assume that the shut-off valve is downstairs below this pipe.

I am going to move a number of ceiling tiles where I think it is - but would like to know if this makes sense to those of you who do this all the time.

Had help arranged but didn't work out. Probably lose the flooring installer because I was to have this done before he arrived. Anyone who can reply fast?

Old 07-01-13, 01:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
The valve should be at the back of the unit. It's called a service valve for working on unit. In your case it may be under the floor.

Have the flooring guy give you a hand. If he doesn't help you and leaves you can call him an *ss for me.

Old 07-01-13, 06:42 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
By code there was suppose to be a shut off and a flex line between the stove and the incoming gas line, not hidden under the floor or covered up in anyway.

Old 07-01-13, 04:56 PM
W
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi, Probably too late. If you can't find the valve in a short amount of time shut the gas off at the meter and when the dryer is removed install a gas valve on the pipe before you re install the dryer.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: