hot water issues

Old 02-14-01, 01:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi-

I just moved into a new apartment building and I am experiencing something odd with the hot water. It is a 30 gallon tank (unknown manufacturer). When I get up to shower in the morning (6am or so), the hot water comes on but only lasts for about 10 minutes, then it stops.

Now, if I try and get hot water later in the day,......it's fine- no problems at all. In fact, it gets really hot. What might be causing this and how can I prevent it?

Thanks

Old 02-14-01, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas or Electric?

Old 02-14-01, 01:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Question hot water tank

It's electric. The maintainance guy already checked it and said it was fine,..... There has to be a reason though. I helod my hand on the pipe when the water was running and it was cold. Later today, though, the water will get scolding hot.

Old 02-14-01, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well my thougths on this is it could be the thermostats or even an element, another thing that comes to mind is, 30gals is not alot, by the time you use up 15 - 20 gal the water heater can not recover fast enough to keep the hot water at the temp you like, when you get beyond that point, the hot water is getting pretty well mixed with cold water.

Since your renting there may not be anything you can do about this. Sorry about the situation your in.

Old 02-14-01, 01:39 PM
Visiting Guest
thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: