Kitchen sink faucet replacement

Old 07-14-13, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen sink faucet replacement

Got 15 years out of my current faucet, but leaks have begun, and thought it was time for a newer modern looking one.
I noticed while looking underneath, 2 unused holes for what I'm guessing are for hot/cold handles. Could I go that route as an option?
Currently, my handle works off the base itself, and the sprayer to the right of that, (2 hole design).
I have seen the sprayer built into the faucet head itself, so I suppose that could be an option as well?
Thanks

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-13, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Yes....you can go any route you want. A 4 hole sink allows for a two handle faucet with a separate sprayer, a single handle with separate sprayer (2 holes covered), a single handle with pull out spray and a soap dispenser, etc, etc.

Old 07-14-13, 08:31 AM
C
Received 6 Votes on 5 Posts
Good morning, all- I saw this post and thought I could add a helpful detail. I replaced a kitchen faucet some time back, and found the hardest part was removing the old faucet: the new one will likely go in much easier than the old one comes out.

The helpful detail is: you'll need plumber's putty for the install. Unless you already have some on hand, or unless the new faucet comes with putty in the box, save yourself a trip back to the retailer by buying putty when you buy the faucet.

Good luck, and enjoy!
Dave O

Old 07-14-13, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you'll need plumber's putty
You mean for the threads? Any advantage to plumbers putty over Teflon tape?
Will new faucets come with the plate already having 4 holes (if I would go that route) or do I just get a faucet?

Old 07-14-13, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
No...unlikely you'll need putty OR tape for the threads....most hoses/water connections use washers of some type to seal. I think he meant for under the baseplate of the faucet, depending on what you choose. Many recommend caulk or even nothing at all if they use a plastic or rubber gasket.

New faucets only cover 3 holes with the included baseplate....the 4th either needs a soap dispenser or a blank installed.