Plumbing Stub For Pot Filler


Old 07-23-13, 12:03 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 334
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Plumbing Stub For Pot Filler

We're building a new home and the fixtures that are available to us from our builder are pretty expensive. We're looking to put a pot filler above the stove but they want more money than we are willing to pay.

What I'm wondering is if a plumbing stub out behind the drywall above the stove would meet code if I was so inclined as to have them install that and I could install the potfiller after the fact.

Either that or retrofitting a pot filler is also an option if someone can suggest how to do it without damaging he drywall.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-13, 12:42 PM
lawrosa's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Galivants Ferry SC USA
Posts: 18,139
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
I would run 3/4 " copper when the wall is gutted... Then a female adapter 90 with ears and secure it in the wall with a support... Then stub out with a brass nipple and cap.... Finish the wall and get the faucet when your ready...
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: