water leakage caused by running faucet, shower, and flushing

Old 07-24-13, 09:51 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
water leakage caused by running faucet, shower, and flushing

After taking a shower, the water will drain slowly causing the toilet to make noises and water leakage from underneath the toilet, from the wall behind the toilet, and from the wall in my mother's bathroom which is adjacent to mine or vice versa. It also happens if we flush either toilets or run water through the sinks. I'm not sure if it's from a clog or if there is a problem with the sewer line because we're not the only house in my neighborhood that has plumbing problems. The city public works (not sure of the proper name for them) were called to check out another house down the road and my mother's co worker who lives a 3 mins away is having back up problems. They had said they do not know what would be causing it and that our best bet would be to call a plumber to find out the cause and if it's on their end then they would fix it. My question is could this be something simple that is fixable without calling for professional help? And if we do need to what should the estimated cost to diagnose the problem? My mother will not call one believing it will cost thousands. Also it only seems to happen at night or midafternoon because in the morning we can drain the water without any problems. Any help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-13, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
They had said they do not know what would be causing it and that our best bet would be to call a plumber to find out the cause and if it's on their end then they would fix it.

That would be your best bet.... They should determine the exact cause of the issue...

My question is could this be something simple that is fixable without calling for professional help? And if we do need to what should the estimated cost to diagnose the problem? My mother will not call one believing it will cost thousands.
Foot the bill back to the town if its their issue...

You need a camera at a min,,, Take it down to the street and do a flood test... ( Run all appliances). Camera will tell. Get an experienced guy....

Also it only seems to happen at night or mid afternoon because in the morning we can drain the water without any problems. Any help is greatly appreciated

Morning nothing has ran water wise..... Sounds like a clog in the main line.. roots??? Belly in the pipe??? etc.... Drain issues in day when things running... laundry, showers.....

Get a camera and an experienced company....

NJ prices, and we are high, should be around $400 for this complete service.... with snaking if its roots or obstruction....

Your prices may vary....