Help - Danco discontinued the bath stem I need, now what?

Old 09-09-13, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help - Danco discontinued the bath stem I need, now what?

I have had the worst luck with this particular Hot stem on our bath. The entire manifold and plumbing is in need of being replaced, but I have not had the time to do it nor the money, as it will require tearing out the wall that our bathtub sits against due to the way it was constructed.

The problem is that it is a Sterling ceramic disk stem, part number 10S-6H (DANCO # 18702B) - though I could use either cold or hot honestly. Sometimes our old galvanized pipes send some rusty deposits that block off the water flow but every time I take the stem off, the ceramic pieces break. Well not every time, but most of the time.

We had a store in the town where I worked that is like a shrine of old stems and they were the only place that had this particular stem. The problem is that I went today to get a replacement and the guy informed me that the stem is discontinued! I have searched onlin and found nothing only ghost references to the stem that all say "out-of-stock".

So now what? Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for this particular stem that will actually work until I can get the money together to reaplced the manifold and piping to something that is modern? Thanks!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-13, 06:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
I wanted to at least reply and let you know people are reading your post. I haven't a clue... but we have a few plumbers here who may be able to help point you in the right direction. Good luck!