Clean out access

Old 10-15-13, 04:20 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clean out access

See pic.
I used screws on wall so I can take apart. I need the shelf wall to be this height so can I move the clean out down? If so how hard to do? Or would bringing wall up in that area be better even with looking odd?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-13, 04:18 PM
W
Received 11 Votes on 9 Posts
Hi, How about cutting the pipe about 12" above the fitting at the floor and about 12" above the clean out. Remove the clean out plug and see if the fitting is the same at the top and bottom you will be looking if there is more of a curve inside the bottom part. If they are the same simply turn the section around and install. You can glue one coupling and use one hubless connector, or two hubless connectors. If the clean out fitting is different from the top and bottom and you can't turn it over then cut the pipe about 12" below the clean out and fasten the loose piece of pipe to the top. Another suggestion is maybe you can turn the clean out 90 Degrees so it faces the side of the cabinet. If you use glue couplins make sure to put it together dry so it all goes as planned.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 10-15-13, 04:36 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey that's a good idea.
Not to doubt you does anyone else have input? Is there code on height or fittings?

Old 10-18-13, 03:55 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 84 Votes on 79 Posts
Woodbutcher got you going in the right direction. You should definitely ensure the cleanout remains accessible, so you either have to move the shelf or move the cleanout.

Be sure to use no-hub-couplings that have a metal shield to remain code-compliant.