Dishwasher Airgap and Water Filter Faucet Combo

Old 10-18-13, 09:38 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher Airgap and Water Filter Faucet Combo

I would like to install an under-sink water filter with a faucet on the counter. However, rather than drilling a yet another hole in a granite countertop, I was looking for alternatives, and I think I came pretty close. I found a faucet/airgap combo, which seems to retain all the functionality of an airgap, while also giving me the faucet I want. A picture of it is attached.

The issue is, the site where I found it ( Combination Watergap and Filter Faucet - WaterClick.com ) at lists it at $999. I strongly suspect this is a bug, and the site is down (because every single product they list there is listed at $999).

I have two questions:
- Can you help me find and obtain this product, by providing me with pointers to where it may be found. A link, keywords to search for etc are very helpful.

- From the look of it, it seems it keeps the air-gap intact, and therefore is code compliant. Do you think otherwise. I mean is there any reason to suspect that it may not be code-compliant.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-13, 11:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 495 Votes on 455 Posts
Just do a search for "filtered water faucet with air gap" and you'll find many faucets to choose from.

Old 10-18-13, 04:00 PM
V
Thanks Pilot Dane.

When I do this search, what I get is air-gap faucets for reverse osmosis (RO) filters. What I am looking for is to use the dishwasher airgap for an "diswasher airgap and filtered water faucet", to install non-RO water filter. Please let me know if I am mistaken.

Old 10-19-13, 05:36 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 495 Votes on 455 Posts
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the plumbing codes will chime in. I'm not sure if they can share an air gap or if they need to have separate ones. I would assume separate since the dishwasher probably needs much larger connections which would make the faucet a pretty specialized and big monster. If you do need to have separate air gaps I would go for the extra hole in the granite.

Old 10-23-13, 04:47 PM
V
RESOLVED -- Found the faucet and other solutions as well

Thank you for your help. The posts here helped me look in the right places.

I did find a location selling the airgap faucet I was looking for, for a saner price: Water, Inc (WATERGAP CH) Air Gap with Faucet

Also, while researching I actually found another way. Our current kitchen faucet is a pull down faucet that has its handle on a separate hole than the main faucet body (similar to Delta Leland Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet in Chrome featuring MagnaTite Docking-978-DST at The Home Depot) thereby, using a total of two holes. I was suggested that I get another faucet with the handle attached to the main faucet body (similar to Delta Leland Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet in Arctic Stainless Featuring MagnaTite Docking-9178-AR-DST at The Home Depot), thereby using a single hole, and freeing the other for use by our filtered water faucet.

While the latter solution is perhaps more expensive, it does free my mind whether I am doing the right thing with respect to the code compliance.

Thanks again for all the help. I hope these solutions help someone else who may be facing the same problems.