pressure reducing valve


Old 11-05-13, 05:20 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pressure reducing valve

I've been pointed to the Watts 3/4" pressure reducing valve. What style is best? This will go in the main pipe where the water enters the house. My house pressure is 90. I see two styles that have a factory default of 50 psi at both Home Depot and Lowes -- FPT X FPT brass (LF25AUB-Z3). Or the MPT X FPT (LFN45BM1-U). They each have different openings sticking out the bottom.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-13, 05:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 4,297
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would think it would depend on how you were trying to install it and you pipe lay out.
I like to have a union on each side of it so I can remove it if I have to.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: