Need ideas the stop singing pipes

Old 11-09-13, 10:30 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need ideas the stop singing pipes

I have whistling pipes at my master tub faucet. These are the only pipes that sing. I've had three plumbers say they don't know what to do. It is a single lever faucet. It was making noise only when using both hot and cold whater. I replaced the cartridge/mixing valve andnow it makes noise only on hot water. It is a delta classic 13000 series single lever tub faucet. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-13, 01:09 PM
Received 174 Votes on 158 Posts
Singing pipes almost always means air is being sucked through somewhere. In most cases its on the hot water side. The fact that you replaced the cartridge stopped it on the cold water side most probably means its still the cartridge. Try re-seating it. Look for supply line tubes that might be old, or isolation valves (the shutoff valves under the sink or fixture) that might be in need of new washers or tightening of the gland nut. Check the valve supplying the shower coming from the hot-water tank. Try calling Delta and describe what you have already done and tell them it seems to be from the faucet.

Old 11-09-13, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 48 Posts
If you changed the cart and it did not stop then I would suspect the tub spout. The knob you pull up to divert to shower is the cause IMO...

Try removing the shower head and cleaning the sediment screen or restrictor..

Last change the cart again... Deltas are not the best quality IMO...