3" PVC Closet Flange Fitting Makeup

Old 11-17-13, 08:20 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3" PVC Closet Flange Fitting Makeup

Hey folks, first time posting here. I've been faking my way through a bathroom remodel and have been able to find all the information I've needed so far by searching through various forums and getting help from people I know who have done this before. Anyway, I've come across a problem I couldn't find an answer to otherwise.

I've glued (welded?) up a new 3" pvc closet flange with the stainless steel support ring (as recommended by various people on this and other forums). However, When I pushed the pipe into the flange, the pipe partially pushed all the way through the gluing surface of the flange. Is this what it is supposed to do? I assumed the flange was made such that it the pipe would just stop where it needs to stop. After inspection, the part of pipe that pushed all the way through the flange hub looks like it would cause things to get stuck there (no fun). Anyway, please tell me if what I have is good to go, or if i need to go buy another flange and redo this.

Thanks,

The Reve

Attached Images  
Old 11-17-13, 12:22 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Definitely not right. Are you sure you didn't get a four-inch flange by mistake?

Old 11-17-13, 01:15 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It was the correct size flange. Apparantly I 'cleaned up' the pipe OD a little too much with sandpaper and was able to push it through too far. I cut that flange off and started over with a new one, all is well with the world now.

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: