Opinions Needed on this Washing Machine DWV schematic

Old 12-07-13, 10:48 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Opinions Needed on this Washing Machine DWV schematic

We would like to move the washing machine to the other side of the laundry room.

Attached is the proposed DWV schematic (pretty much to scale) showing existing sink DWV and the new proposed washing machine DWV.
Not shown is the current washing machine location that taps into the same underfloor drain in front of the sink.

Questions:
1) Any problems with this layout?
2) Even though my p-trap arm is just less than < 5' (60") long, I added an extra vent just in case... any issues with this layout?
3) Note: My p-trap arm switches to a vented vertical drain just before going into a horizontal long-radius 90* elbow. Any issues with a horizontal 90* drain like this?
4) Can I put the washing machine standpipe at a 45* that has 20" rise and 29" overall length?
5) The layout shows the use of long turn wyes when going vertical... can I use 45* wyes or even Sanitary Tees?

Thanks!
Jim
Attachment 22592

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-13, 06:03 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 85 Votes on 80 Posts
Overall I think it looks like you're on the right track.

- I don't think you can have your standpipe on an angle like that. I would continue the 2" pipe around the corner if needed and use a traditional vertical standpipe.

- There's no reason for a double vent like that. It won't help anything. If you're within 60", use just the one on the right (of your drawing). If not, use the one on the left.

- You can use combo wyes (standard wye with a 45 street elbow) to go from horiz to vertical. No need for long-sweep wyes

- Your new vent can be 1.5" pipe. Though 2" pipe is acceptable too.

-Mike