New Faucet - Low Water Pressure - Help!!

Old 10-26-13, 03:54 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question New Faucet - Low Water Pressure - Help!!

I just installed the Kohler Elate faucet and the pressure was also horrendously low. Through process of elimination I determined that the flow was restricted in the handle sprayer. I checked the filters and they were all fine. I took the plastic button cover off from the "pause" button and tried pressing the "pause" button using my finger on the brass knob which is normally covered with the plastic button cover. There wasn't much travel which seemed strange, so I grabbed a needle nose pliers and pulled out the brass knob/button. It seemed to pull out far more than it had ever pushed in. I hooked the sprayer handle back to the faucet and it worked with the incredible pressure I had expected in the first place.

So, long story short, check to see if the "pause" button on the sprayer handle is pulled out all the way. I only live few miles from Kohler and was cursing them a blue streak, they should really include small trouble shooting tips like this in their instructions.

I hope this helps someone else out too.

From this thread.......
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pl...sure-help.html

Last edited by lawrosa; 12-19-13 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-13, 05:27 PM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
Welcome to the DIY forum! The thread you responded to is four years old.

Kitchen faucets have been regulated by Federal law to a maximum flow of either 1-1/2 or 3 gallons per minute (I forget which) for more than 15 years. Glad that you were able to fix yours.

Old 12-19-13, 06:04 PM
S
Cool Kohler pull down kitchen faucet issue

New faucet about 5 months old. Wife complained to me of low flow from faucet and it turned out to be the button on the front which we depress sometimes to stop water flow. Apparently it does not come back out all the way sometimes. Anyhow it was a quick fix once diagnosed as it being the issue. It was probably used a total of 4 to 5 times. Poor design I guess in manufacturing. It seems today one pays 80 percent for good looking appearance and design but only 20 percent for good working equipment/functionality.

Old 12-19-13, 06:09 PM
S
perdignus. Thank you as it was your post that prompted the quick solution to my problem.... Cheers and happy holidays