vents for my bathroom project

Old 01-01-14, 12:18 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
vents for my bathroom project

i am remodeling my mobile home and moving the bathroom to one of the bedrooms for more space. in addition, i am building an outdoor porch on the side of the mobile home and i'm going to build an outdoor bathroom on that porch.

i am hooking both of these together and running to the septic tank. i don't really understand how to vent these properly.

attached is a pretty much to scale drawing of what i'm going to do. any suggestions as to venting are appreciated.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-14, 02:31 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 481 Votes on 442 Posts
Venting requirement is pretty well described by code. You're creating is sorta standard if you simply think of it as two bathrooms. The fact that one is outside does not really change the waste piping.

What part of the venting is causing you trouble? I have no idea what you have for walls or any enclosure for the outside bath so concealing the vent pipe might be an issue or none at all if the cosmetics are not a concern.

Old 01-01-14, 03:29 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
well, as for the inside bathroom, it's a mobile home. the outer walls are 2 x 4, and that's what i'd have between both bathrooms.

on the outside bathroom, i'm building 2 x 4 walls on top of the deck and extending the roof of the mobile home over this bathroom. cosmetics are of little concern. i just want it to work effectively.

i'm not sure exactly where i need the vent piping. why couldn't i just use one vent for both bathrooms?