flex copper out to garage

Old 01-05-14, 09:30 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
flex copper out to garage

I have a garage attachged to my house with a small breezway. In my basement is a 1/2" or 3/4" flexable copper line. It is stubbed into my basement about 5' and into my garage. In my garage is also a PVC stub-up maybe about an 1.5". My house is not that old so I am wondering if this copper line was put in when the hous was built as a way to get water into the garage? I am also thinking the PVC stub-up may be a drain, but I don't know. What has me confused is why there is only 1 copper line and not 2 (hot and cold) unless they were thinking a a small local water heater. My garage is also not heated and I live in the north so I sould have to drain my water line and HW tank each winter. I guess I am looking for thoughts on what this may be and how to connect it in to my regular copper supply lines. How to check if the PVC line is a drain? I would probably incorporate 2 valves in the house so I can drain the line. Also, is there a way to check the line before I hook it up to make sure it's still usable and not broken someplace?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-14, 11:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Could you post pix of both ends so we can see what you see?

Old 01-05-14, 11:29 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PVC should not be used for supply's just for drains.
No one here can tell you for sure where those lines go. Your just going to have trace them.
That PVC could a condensate drain, water heater drain, chase for wiring ECT. no way to tell from here.
That flex line you say runs to the garage, where the other end connected?
Sure it was not for a gas line?