How far from wall to stub out the water line for toilet?

Old 01-15-14, 03:10 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How far from wall to stub out the water line for toilet?

How far out from wall do you stub out the water line that eventually connects to the toilet tank?

I stubbed out our 1/2" copper line so that it is almost directly under the inlet hole to the toilet tank. I connected a flexible braided steel hose to connect the 1/2" water line to the tank, but there is a very sharp kink in the hose line that I cannot get rid of, so I was thinking about shortening the 1/2" copper water line.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-14, 06:14 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 481 Votes on 442 Posts
I've honestly never bothered to measure how far from the wall I put toilet feed lines. How high above the floor is your shutoff valve? If you can't get the line to connect without a sharp bend I'm guessing it's quite high. In every position I've ever put the water line, connecting to the toilet has not been a problem with a flexible line. The flexible lines are available in different lengths. With the valve directly under the tank connect point a short 10-12" should work with a bit of a U shaped bend. With 20" lines I sometimes have to make a loop to use up the extra length.