No hot water in upstairs bathroom at shower head

Old 02-04-14, 08:46 AM
No hot water in upstairs bathroom at shower head

After installing a new shower in the upstairs bathroom I have plenty of cold water pressure at the shower head but no hot water.

Initially, there was just a trickle of hot water so I moved the anti-scald ring one way and then the other just to rule that out. Now I have no hot pressure at all. But, if I remove the cartridge and turn on just the hot supply, there seems to be plenty shooting out of the valve body. It's just when the cartridge is installed that I don't have any at the shower head.

I tried another new cartridge (Delta) too with the same result.

I'm using this same setup in the downstairs bathroom and its ok there. It's just this second floor bathroom where there is no hot pressure.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-14, 05:24 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Remove the shower head. See if the water is hot.

Old 02-05-14, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the idea Pulpo. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear---I didn't have a shower-head installed---I just had the arm without the head attached.

The problem did resolve itself but I have no idea why. I'm wondering if there might have been air trapped in the hot water line and maybe I don't have enough supply pressure on the second floor to clear the air out. I'm on a well with a pressure tank so maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 02-05-14, 05:36 PM
Temporarily Suspended
That's good news. You can't complain about that.