LG refrigeratior

Old 02-08-14, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LG refrigeratior

I have a 3 year old LG refrigerator/freezer with in-the-door ice maker and water dispenser. The tubing on the refer than runs from the solenoid to the ice maker is 5/16 O.D. and is a hard type tubing. About a year ago, the tubing split and started leaking water. I cut out the split part and purchased some similar type tubing and a couple of fittings (brass compression and ferule) to repair. The repair lasted about 3 weeks, and the tubing (original) split again right at the coupling. I thought the coupling was the problem, so this time I got one of the quick disconnect type. Again, the repair lasted a few weeks and then the tubing split again. I next tried one of the couplings that has a little piece that inserts into the end of the tubing and uses a ferule and nut. Again, it only lasted a few weeks and split again right where it goes into the coupling.

Help! Is there some type of coupling that is not available at the big box stores? Is this tubing not repairable? What can I do?

Joe in Modesto

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-14, 10:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 344 Votes on 322 Posts
Joe, it sounds like that tubing is shot. I'd replace the whole thing rather than risking a repair.
That's also called 1/4" tubing.

Old 02-09-14, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tubing is measured by OD. This is definitely 5/16 inch.
Joe in Modesto