Help me ID what I have please


Old 02-12-14, 12:21 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Help me ID what I have please

Hi Everybody,

I just found your forum and am hoping that somebody can tell me what I have. When I bought my home 5 years ago these pipes were in the yard and I am now trying to clean up and would like to get rid of them but not sure what they are. They are 104" long and 12" in diameter on one end and 9.5" at the other end. If somebody can tell me what they are called and what they may be worth I would appreciate it.I have attached some pics.

thanks, John
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-14, 04:07 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 22,540
Likes Received: 104
Those are tapered FRP (fiberglass) columns. Like what you would use to support a porch roof. The decorative piece that goes on the top and bottom is missing. If you could find someone that needed them and they aren't already cut too short, he might pay 20% of full price for each ($35/ea), provided they are in good shape (not moldy or scratched up). The thing that will be a pain is finding the capital and base trim to fit the column, when you may not be able to identify what brand/supplier they came from.

They aren't much good without the capital and base trim.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes