RO System install to fridge

Old 02-12-14, 12:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RO System install to fridge

Hey guys, so I have a house that was built in 2013 and am trying to install and RO system, the install seems pretty easy and self explanatory as there are plenty of diagrams online except on one thing, I also want to have the ro system feed water to my fridge for ice cubes.

What I am unsure of is how do i connect my ro filter to my fridge line if the kitchen sink is on a island. Out on the wall i see there is a loop that goes back in, am I safe to say that this line goes directly to the fridge?

Ive included pictures so you guys can get a better feel for this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-14, 07:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 215 Votes on 204 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I snagged one of your pics. That is a water supply box and valve. Usually the house water service gets connected there as one of the supply points (just like a toilet). That would mean ... that line probably does not appear under your sink...... or in at least a manor in which you could connect the RO supply to it.

To verify for sure..... do any of those valves under the sink turn off the water supply to the fridge and ice maker ?

Name:  ice.jpg
Views: 3143
Size:  17.1 KB

Old 02-12-14, 08:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My question is why would you think you need to have R/O water to just make ice cubes?
A simple activated charcoal filter that's most likely already on the fridge would be more then enough.

Old 02-13-14, 06:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
It does look like your sink cold line comes out of the wall then back in, so this could go to the fridge, but I'm not sure why it would and why there wouldn't be a shutoff there. So really, I have no idea. I assume you're on a slab so can't trace the pipes under the floor?

You'd have to cut/disconnect those cold water pipes and temporarily cap them to see what's actually going on. Maybe someone else has seen a similar setup...