Vent Pipe Question

Old 03-08-14, 10:16 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vent Pipe Question

This winter is the second time the snow/ice has pushed my PVC drain vent pipe forward almost 45 degrees. (The roof is a 3 1/2 on 12 metal roof.) Obviously the easy way to take care of it is to shovel the roof behind the vent pipe. But if you wanted to avoid that, how could you fix it so that the pipe is not pushed forward so easily? The house was built in the early 70's - one floor ranch and I believe they used 1 1/2 inch pipe. How high should the pipe be off the roof?

I'm going to go up in the attic (tight space) to see if the pipe was broken. I'm getting gurgling in my bath tub - water is draining fine. The septic was cleaned out this past summer. When I used the bathroom sink tonight the tub drain gurgled. The last time it happened I had someone go up in the attic, cut, the pipe and splice a new piece in with a coupler. The new piece went right up through the roof. I don't want to keep having to do this. Any suggestions????

Old 03-08-14, 11:47 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Transition from the PVC to a galvanized steel pipe in the attic and securely brace the steel pipe before it exits the roof.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: