Occasional septic back up

Old 03-09-14, 08:20 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Occasional septic back up

Hi everyone, new here. I have had this problem for a few years at my house but it seems to only happen for 1-3 days and then be fine. Sometimes we have our septic system(pumped every 2 years) back up into our laundry room floor drain and basement shower. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It can happen in the am when we just wake up or in the evening after a days of water. It will back up on the floor and slowly drain itself.

Currently it is about 35F outside, but there is probably 18" of snow in the yard covering the drain field, so there is no standing water and there never is when this happens. Like I said previously, this will be a issue for 1-3 days(usually only 1) and then be gone for 4 months....

I can't make any sense of the situation, any ideas?

Old 03-09-14, 05:22 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Post any additional information you may have or pictures of what your property look like. With this crazy winter it's possible the ground is water logged but it's hard to tell without knowing more. Most troubling is that you have back-ups in the middle of the night when I assume no water is being used in the house.

Old 03-10-14, 06:59 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check to see if you have a grease trap near the outlet of the septic tank. When we have problems it has been the grease trap plugging.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: