Outdoor Spigot Barely Has Water Pressure

Old 03-09-14, 05:55 PM
Outdoor Spigot Barely Has Water Pressure

Hello,

I just turned my backyard water spigot on the first time today but the water barely comes out and produces very little pressure. It worked fine at the end of the summer. Is a pipe possibly frozen? I have no issues with any other faucet in or out of the house. This type of spigot completely turns on with about a half a twist unlike the front yard which you turn many times to get full pressure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Gary U

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-14, 06:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Quite possibly what has happened the rubber washer deep inside the long tube has become lodged against the seat, and has pulled off the ram, or shaft end. With the water off at the house, or somewhere behind this faucet, pull the handle assembly out of the shaft and inspect the end of the shaft. Let us know what you find.

Old 03-10-14, 07:05 AM
Before you take the faucet apart turn off any valves that lead to the faucet. I found that some of the exterior faucets are not very well constructed. I have the same problem and found that the shaft leading back to the gasket and seat was made form thin brass tubing. The tubing got bent when tightening up the handle to shut off the valve and wouldn't full open.

Old 03-10-14, 07:19 AM
I have that problem when they have been off for the winter. These anti siphon valves seem to stick when they are seated many months. I find turning the valve on and off a few times gets it working again.