replacing kitchen sink strainer baskets

Old 03-05-01, 08:52 AM
Visiting Guest
I purchased replacement baskets for my kitchen sink and received no instructions with them. Just need a little help here. Do I need to use plumber's putty? Does the washer go under the sink above the nut? Thanks for any help.

Old 03-05-01, 02:44 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you review the previous posts, somewhere in the past two weeks, I and others provided pictures, instructions etc. on replacing kitchen sink drain or strainer. Have a look, and if you cannot find it, post back.

Old 04-11-02, 05:56 PM
slugger1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by arkayassoc
If you review the previous posts, somewhere in the past two weeks, I and others provided pictures, instructions etc. on replacing kitchen sink drain or strainer. Have a look, and if you cannot find it, post back.

Old 04-11-02, 06:00 PM
slugger1
Visiting Guest
replacing sink strainers

can you please repost on how to replace sink strainers with pictures and information or instructions on how to do it. thankyou. thats for kitchen sinks. thank you.

Old 04-11-02, 09:58 PM
tedn332
Visiting Guest
You won't need a picture. Apply plumber's putty to the basket, install the basket in the sink and first put on the rubber gasket, then put on the cardboard (or sometimes its plastic) gasket and then the new nut.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: