Watts Floodsafe for washing machine

Old 03-24-14, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Watts Floodsafe for washing machine

In searching these forums there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to whether Watts Floodsafe water supply connectors are beneficial or troublesome. I have a hunch that's partly due to the fact that they work better for certain applications than others. I'm only interested in whether I should use them to hook up my washing machine...what do you all have to say about using them for that? I'd appreciate any advice.

FS-CWM-S FloodSafeŽ Flexible Braided Stainless Steel Water Supply Connectors for Washing Machines, Washing Machine Connectors, Water Safety & Flow Control - Watts

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-14, 02:49 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know about that particular brand but I always recommend braided connectors. If you still have old gate valves, I would replace it with them with ball valves.

Old 03-25-14, 03:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 197 Votes on 182 Posts
I'm sorta with Pulpo and would put my money in high quality hoses. The flood safe are good against a total hose failure downstream of the automatic valve. They don't work against anything less than a large failure and high flow rate. More often I see cracked hoses, fittings or other part that leaks at a slower rate. I suppose best would be a device that knows when the machine is being used and only opens the valves then. But then... at what point do you start worrying about the pipes in the walls? And don't forget the flexible hoses connecting your dishwasher and probably every faucet and toilet.

Old 03-25-14, 03:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I thought this was addressed pretty well here: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...onnection.html

Duplicate posting makes us tired. We read them all.

Old 03-25-14, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
I use these in my home... .. Just my opinion

I never turn my single lever valve off either even though I installed it many years ago..

Washing Machine Hoses Manufactured Proudly In The USA by Floodchek Corporation

Ill have to find the pic...