Flooded again


Old 07-01-14, 05:46 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flooded again

I live in a 6 flat with 5" diameter gutter spouts that drain beside our building. I am looking for easily installed/attached gutter extensions to divert rain water away from our building to our alley, about 60' away. Are any flexible hose products out there?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-14, 05:29 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,549
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Drain Pipe

Google "flexible drain pipe". You will find 4 in. and 6 in.
Old 07-02-14, 10:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,648
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
The big box stores carry 4" black corrugated drain pipe just for that purpose. As Wirepuller mentioned, they come in larger sizes too, but you may need to seek out a plumbing store to find them. They will also have the attachments required to easily transition from the downspout to the pipe.

Be sure that wherever you discharge the water is appropriate and won't cause other issues for neighbors.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: