Question about Venting and a grey water system.

Old 07-09-14, 11:12 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about Venting and a grey water system.

Hello All,
I was hoping that I could get a few comments or advise on a new plumbing system I am doing. We are in the process of building a new house and are doing as much of it as possible ourselves. In any case we wanted to split our drainage between toilets (black) and everything else (grey water). I have attached the preliminary mock-up of the system we have planned. My question comes on what is the most efficient way to vent our toilets as they are on their own line. Do I still use the lav vents as i would normally? Do I need to put a vent in for each on its own? Plumbing is the area know the least about and while the books etc have lots of info on a standard system - answers about a split grey water system has been less forthcoming. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 07-18-14, 10:08 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 419 Upvotes on 372 Posts
Gray water systems aren't used much throughout the country, so you may be forging your own path with this project.

Every fixture needs to be vented in some way or another. So your sinks will need to be vented as will your toilets, showers, etc based on typical vent design.

I personally don't see any reason the different vents can't connect together and go out through the roof as one pipe, but that would have to be a question for your local inspector. I would basically design each dwv system separately then tie the vents together in the attic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: