Old 03-13-01, 02:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I am living in a my grandparents house and my grandfather tied into the town water 20 yrs ago. I have two houses that are tied into this line.It is about 300 ft. to where the meter is.My water pressure is very bad and the town will not fix it because we are not supposed to be on it anyhow.So what are my options? I have heard something about an in line pump.Would that be a solution or is there some other way to do it?
Old 03-13-01, 03:57 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Bite the bullet and tap directly into the town water with your own meter. Will probably be cheaper than installing and maintaining an in-line pump, etc.
Problem solved.
Good Luck!
Old 03-13-01, 07:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question plumbing

Well, We still have a problem. I do have my own meter and there is also one to the other house.The line comes from another meter but we do have our own meters.The line comes from across the road, Under a bridge, then across a large yard to our meters.Then my house is across another large yard.So it has to come such a long way.But if it is too expensive to maintain an in line pump.What are my other options? Cynthaven
Old 03-13-01, 10:14 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Your best bet will be to to the the town water dept. and get the situation resolved in a way that makes THEM happy. You could probably increase the water flow to the 2 houses by increasing the water line to a 1" or 1-1/4" line, but if they decide that you are connected to their system illegally and pull the meter, that will all be for naught. Grandpa gave you a can of worms.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: