Help (No Water Supply)

Old 07-19-14, 10:17 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help (No Water Supply)

I need help desperately!! Yesterday my toilet stopped flushing. There was no water coming to it. Then about 6am the bathroom sink and shower wasnt working. Later in the afternoon i went to use the washer and no water would come to it!! There was about 2 inches of dirty water in it though.We checked all the valves and everythings ok. But half our house doesnt have water! The waterhose, kitchen sink, and second bath all have water. PLEASE HELP ME IF U NO WHATS GOING ON!!!!! Oh the water co said the meter is fine.

Old 07-19-14, 12:20 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 419 Upvotes on 372 Posts
So part of your house still has water working?

It's possible for a fixture to get a bit clogged if there's gunk in the water, but I'd be surprised this happening to multiple fixtures.

Start with your bathroom sink and remove the aerator, it should unscrew from where the water comes out of the faucet. Try turning on the faucet without the aerator. Does anything come out?

Have you had any work done in your house recently? Maybe a hidden valve was turned off? Is it the same hot/cold?

Old 07-19-14, 02:28 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
If you tried Zorfdts recommendation and got nothing confirm that nothing in the house is using water. Then go out and look at your water meter. Do you see anything spinning or moving. If it's digital are the display numbers counting up? If so you have a leak somewhere.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: