Identifying Basement Rough In

Old 07-20-14, 12:16 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Identifying Basement Rough In

This is a picture of my basement bathroom rough in. There is a wall over pipes 1,2 and 4. I know that pipe 3 is the toilet pipe. Need help identifying the other pipes and why there is a wall located there. I also want to see where a vent pipe would be able to go in the set up. I have been reading a lot of threads and post but none of them like my set up. First pic has all the pipes and labeled 1-4.
Pipe 1 is 3", 2 is 2", 3 is 4", 4 is 3 ". Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 07-20-14, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
hello and welcome...

Whats on the other side of the wall?

Yes #3 is the toilet.
#2 is the sink drain and vent. ( There should be a pipe in the ceiling somewhere that #2 attaches to. )

As far as #1 and #4 Im not sure. One is most likely for a clean out because the plumbing there is at the end of the sewer line IMO.. As far as which one? Dont know.. As far as what the other 3" line is for? Dont know..

Old 07-20-14, 01:12 PM
M
The other side of the wall where the first 2 pipes are is just a room. There is not a pipe above the 2" pipe for it to fit to but a sewer pipe above the 3" in ceiling all the pipes connect to it to go to septic tank on the other side of the roughed in room. Here are a few more pictures. I was hoping pipe 4 was for a shower. But there is not a vent pipe anywhere around that I see.

Attached Images    
Old 07-20-14, 01:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
That wall is ill placed. If #3 is your toilet, it must be about 12 1/2" from pipe center to your studs. I don't think you have that.

Old 07-20-14, 01:32 PM
M
The toilet pipe (#3) is just 9" from the wall to center. I know we will have to move the wall if we finish the bathroom. I just want to find out what the other pipes are in the floor and how it can be vented.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: