how to install waterline to fridg, for icemaker

Old 03-15-01, 04:02 PM
Visiting Guest
I've purchased a waterline kit, with no instructions.We are buying a refridgerator that comes with an ice maker. I understand you have to install a water line in order to get ice to dispence out. Please list the steps it takes to run a line, so i may have ice. THANX...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-01, 06:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

If it has a plastic water line, you should find a small brass tube piece that goes into the end of the line and a ferrule ring and compression nut that fit over it to attach to the connection on the refrigerator.
Leave all of the extra water line coiled behind the refrigerator, so that you can slide it out later, whenever you need to.
There should be a saddle clamp that fits over a nearby 1/2" copper cold water supply line, and the same kind of connection to it as for the end of the plastic line at the refrigerator.
Once you have both ends hooked up tightly, you can turn the handle on the self-tapping valve in the saddle clamp down until it taps the copper line, and VIOLA!, water to your icemaker.
This describes a kit in general, and if your's is a little different, maybe this will help you figure it out.
If you have any questions, just come back and ask.
We'll be glad to help.
Let your new icemaker work to get rid of sediment and clean out the line, and toss out the first batch or two of ice. Then it should be good to go, as soon as the ice looks clean.
Good Luck!

Old 03-18-01, 07:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Thanks

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.I should've mentioned the water line is copper. i hear their more reliable. I will put your advice to use

Old 03-18-01, 08:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Same-same, except the copper line won't have the little brass tube for rigidity support in the end of the line.
Just make sure that the end of the line is fully seated into the fitting when you tighten the compression nut on the ferrule, and that the coil is positioned so that it can easily be pulled out with the refrigerator.
Good Luck!