water tank pressure or ?

Old 09-06-14, 10:09 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
water tank pressure or ?

i share my problem with image explaining the case imgur: the simple image sharer

one way valve is new 1/2" the flow direction is in good place
pump 1 horse

problem is simply sure after 1000 liter water pressure the little tank flow water from the top ,one way valve not stopping the pressure from the bottom i'm obligated to close brass ball valve of mini tank which is placed before one way valve how solve this ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-14, 12:09 AM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
Welcome to the DIY forum. Please completely fill in your profile so we can tell where you live.

In your problem it appears the check (one-way) valve is leaking back. This would mean a defective valve that needs to be repaired or replaced.

Old 09-07-14, 01:03 AM
L
well one way valve maybe is leaking back but it was new piece i'm wondering now if the pump run near the valve and 1000 liter water pressure will defect again the new valve .is 1" or 3/4" valve solve the problem forever i'm taking in consideration that bigger valve size is stronger

Old 09-07-14, 12:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 825 Votes on 775 Posts
I'm looking at your diagram trying to figure out what you are doing.

Maybe in pumping water to the large tank - it is being siphoned out of the small tank.

Name:  Zu3mcS1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  17.1 KB

Old 09-07-14, 03:31 PM
L
2 tanks filled with water and both float valves stop water flow but when 1000 liter full filled they do some pressure and mini tank take out the water from the top and whenever i close brass ball valve of mini or big tank the flowing stop . i think plus of one way valve the highest point of water for both tank must be in the same dimension

Old 09-08-14, 02:44 AM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
From your drawing the ONLY way for the larger tank to drain to the smaller tank is through the check valve. Some check valves are more prone to backflow than others, the simple swing check is one. I would recommend a poppet-type check valve with a spring holding it closed.