Mystery faucet / how to disassemble?

Old 09-14-14, 01:50 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mystery faucet / how to disassemble?

I have a slightly drippy faucet - and I think I know how to fix it (just replace a washer). But I can't figure out how to disassemble this thing! I can get the handle off, but then there's an odd plastic cap that is gripping on very tightly. The identifying marks on the underside of the handle are very generic: "H", "370", "34455", and a "1". (The spigot is Delta, but IIRC the spigot was ordered separately because of the atypical sink design.)

Here's some pictures Mystery faucet - Imgur (also displayed below). Thanks in advance!

Old 09-22-14, 12:23 PM
T
Mystery faucet.

Originally Posted by AySz88
I have a slightly drippy faucet - and I think I know how to fix it (just replace a washer). But I can't figure out how to disassemble this thing! I can get the handle off, but then there's an odd plastic cap that is gripping on very tightly. The identifying marks on the underside of the handle are very generic: "H", "370", "34455", and a "1". (The spigot is Delta, but IIRC the spigot was ordered separately because of the atypical sink design.)

Here's some pictures Mystery faucet - Imgur (also displayed below). Thanks in advance!

I don't think it's a delta. The blue and red caps just pop off.

Old 09-22-14, 03:05 PM
A
Oops, I meant to say that the *spout* (not "spigot") is Delta, but probably not the rest of the faucet. Will try to get the caps off with just some jimmying tomorrow...

Old 05-16-16, 08:48 AM
M
Did you ever figure out what model faucet this is? I have the same one and need to replace the cold stem / cartridge. Do you recall what stem / cartridge you bought?

Old 05-16-16, 12:42 PM
A
It is a Damixa Venus - they were sold through Delta, but Delta isn't working with Damixa anymore. I tried to contact Damixa (which is based in Denmark), but didn't get any response. I haven't found any U.S. supplier for the replacement part.

I've looked into getting an import, but it costs a lot outside of Denmark, and shipping from stores inside Denmark is high. The cheapest truly-compatible one I've found so far is number QE53 from Tap Magician (UK), for about $35 each. (Apparently you need to buy the opposite color, i.e. for cold buy the red one, not the blue one.)

There are similar cheaper cartridges available without the "pintel" on top, but those aren't ideal - you'd have to modify the plastic cap because the top of it won't "clip" on. (There's currently a seller on Amazon that claims to be selling the Tap Magician cartridge, but they sent me the without-pintel one instead.)

At this rate I'm soaking the old cartridge in vinegar and seeing if that helps, before bothering with seeing what I can do with the not-quite-compatible cartridges I got.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: