can my main sewer line not be unclogged?

Old 10-04-14, 02:05 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
can my main sewer line not be unclogged?

i have an older house and my main is backing up into my basement. I snaked it myself, used main line cleaners, and had 4 plumbers out who also snaked it (using different heads), and 3 of them used some plumbing tool to try and blow the clog out...the longest it seemed to work was about one flush and then back to where we started. Ive called back 2 of the plumbers whos only recommendation was to rig some piping up so it overflowed into my yard (whaaaaaaat!?) does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations, or ideas on the subject?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-14, 02:41 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 487 Votes on 448 Posts
You need to find a good drain cleaner, a person who specializes in clearing drains. A good person can tell a lot by feel and give you an indication if it's a clog and what caused the clog or if it's a broken or collapsed pipe. Many also have a camera that can be sent down the pipe to visually confirm any problems. The camera cannot fix anything so it's an expense many don't want to pay but it can show you what's going on.

Old 10-04-14, 02:51 PM
W
Received 11 Votes on 9 Posts
Hi, If your not on a septic tank call the city and have them check the city line.
Woodbutcher