3in venting

Old 10-15-14, 04:57 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3in venting

Hey everyone, I am going to be adding a bathroom to my house shortly (actually switching a bathroom and laundry room because the laundry room is 2x the size of the bathroom). Obviously, all new plumbing will be run. So far I think I have everything figured out, as I have a little plumbing experience. My only question is and I need to to run a vent off of the tub and sinks and tie them in with the 3in vent coming off the the main waste. Or will the 3in connected to the main waste work. I assume the answer I need to run vents off of the tub and sink drains? I know that layout and distance play a role so a little background is the room is 12x8. The toilet will be on the right 12ft at the back of the room and the tub will be on the same wall. I was planning on running the 3in vent in between the two with a san-t off of the main waste. The distance from the toilet to the vent would be like 3-4ft and the distance from the tub drain to the vent 5-6ft. The two sinks will be on the 12ft wall on the left side across from the toilet and the distance from them to the vent would be about 7ft or so. Lastly, the 2in pipe coming across the floor to connect the sinks will continue into the current bathroom and be used for a utility sink drain and the washer drain. there is a 2in vent the the bathroom that I was planning on tying into for the both of those drains. Sorry for the long winded questions, just trying to give as much information off the bat. Thanks for any input.

Old 10-15-14, 07:30 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 177 Votes on 158 Posts
I think you definitely need either a sketch or a photo of your proposed layout. Drains and vents can get a bit complicated and aren't always laid out the way you think they might be.

Each fixture requires a vent. The sink typically has its own 1.5" vent, and depending on the layout, the toilet and tub may be able to share a 2" vent.

Unless this is your main house vent, there's no reason the vent needs to be more than 2".

If you can draw it out, we can help ensure you get everything connected correctly.

Old 10-16-14, 08:12 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I will get it all drawn out and post it here when I have a chance. Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: