So Lost Converting to LPG!!!

Old 10-17-14, 07:42 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So Lost Converting to LPG!!!

Hello from the newbies. We have been DIYing our new home for the past 7 months but nothing has perplexed us more than trying to convert a gas range to LPG.

We have a Kenmore gas range and the orifices have been changed and are ready to go.

We have a 100# propane tank (Worthington Pro Grade 303953) and just dont know what we need to hook it up to the stove?

The stove has a built in pressure regulator, so do we need a single or dual regulator attached to the tank?

Also, is it better to get an adapter for POL to OPD or just get a regulator with a POL fitting?

In the instructions for the LPG conversion, it states to use a minimum pipe of 1/2" but i cant seem to find piping other than 3/8".

If anyone has suggestions on where to look for these parts and which parts i should be using it would be awesome, the big box stores dont seem to understand anything besides hooking up 20# tanks to grills!

Thanks for the help and advice!!!

Old 10-17-14, 08:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved your post to the plumbing forum as you need information in piping and gas connection work for your stove.

It's pretty rare we get the request for using a 100 pound take for a kitchen stove.
Are you located in the States ?
How far from the tank will the stove be ?

Old 10-17-14, 09:23 AM
the orifices have been changed and are ready to go
I can't help with the pipe sizing. Someone will be able to help. I just wanted to say; It's been a while since I've converted a Range, but I seem to recall you not only change out orifices, but make adjustments to regulator. See instructions for conversion which should have been in the envelope that contained orifices. If you don't have instructions, post back.

Old 10-17-14, 08:42 PM
M
Thanks and yes there is a pressure regulator on the back of the stove that has two settings, one for NG and one for LPG. That is all laid out in the instructions!

Old 10-17-14, 08:46 PM
M
Yes we are in the States and are planning to use the propane for the kitchen stove only during the winter. Since we live without AC, we prefer to use the electric stove in our "outdoor kitchen" in the summer!

The tank is placed outside, but up against the house, and once we drill a hole thru the wall for the pipe, it will only be about 8ft maximum from tank to stove.

~Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: