Enlarge faucet hole in Stainless sink?


Old 03-27-01, 06:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I'm trying to replace the old faucet in a two hole stainless steel kitchen sink. The new American Standard faucet shank will not fit in the hole. The hole appears to be 1/4 inch in diameter too small. Is there any way to enlarge this hole so the new faucet will drop in properly?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-01, 09:04 AM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 674
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just what you needed. There is a step bit which has different graduations to enlarge holes. I believe Lennox manufactures these but they cost about 30.00-40.00. Other than filing, I have no other ideas for you.
Old 03-27-01, 04:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thanks very much for your advice. I bought a Lenox Step bit, and it did the trick.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: